The largest charter agency of boats in Ibiza and Formenterawith more than 500 boats of all lengths and facilities

What types are you looking for?
    video
    The full range of yacht charter in Ibiza and Formentera
    Restaurants, beaches, coves, sunsets, nautical sports, etc.
    Ibiza and Formentera yachting news

    THE BALEARIC ISLANDS LEAD THE 2024 NAUTICAL CHARTER QUOTE

    Nautical Charter, Nautical News

    12 de March 2024

    The nautical market has reached a total of 533 units of recreational boat registrations until the end of February, representing a decrease of 16.5% compared to the same period of the previous year. This decline is mainly attributed to the drop in sales of small boats – less than 8 meters –, jet skis and the segment between 12 and 16 meters. According to the data collected in the “Pleasure boat market report. January-February 2024”, edited by ANEN based on data provided by the General Directorate of the Merchant Navy.

    NATIONAL NAUTICAL MARKET DATA.

    By length.
    The segment of boats up to six meters in length have suffered a greater impact, with a decrease of 19.2%, followed by those between six and eight meters (-17.8%) and those between 12 and 16 meters (-14.3%). On the other hand, there has been an increase in the registrations of boats between 8 and 12 meters (+2.1%), as well as a notable increase in those over 16 meters, doubling the number of registrations.

    By type of vessel.
    Registrations of jet skis have been drastically reduced by 35.4%, totaling 133 units, while folding inflatables have experienced a decrease of 52.9%, with a total of 41 registrations. However, a slight increase is observed in registrations of other categories, such as motor boats (+0.8%), semi-rigid inflatable boats (+17.5%), and sailboats (+2.7%).

    By provinces.
    In regional terms, Andalusia leads the nautical market with a share of 21.32%, followed by the Balearic Islands (17.76%) and Catalonia (15.5%).
    The Balearic Islands have registered 95 registrations of recreational boats until the end of February, representing an increase of 6.74% compared to the same period of the previous year.

    The charter market.
    In the charter market, the Balearic Islands occupy the first position with a share of 28.7%, followed by Catalonia (20.5%) and the Valencian Community (12.86%).

    Regarding distribution by use, 68% of the boats registered until the end of February correspond to private use, while the remaining 32% are destined for nautical charter, a sector that continues to gain ground in the market.

     

    Tags: charter market, nautical sector, registrations