According to the data collected in the “Report on the recreational craft market for January – November 2021“, edited by ANEM based on the data provided by the General Directorate of the Merchant Marine, 6,716 pleasure craft have been registered throughout Spain, compared to the 5,202 registered in the same period of 2020 and the 5,976 reached in 2019. Obtaining as a result a growth of 12.7% of the nautical market compared to the same period of 2019.
Of the total registered registrations, 71.5% correspond to boats for private use and 28.5% to boats destined for nautical charter.
NATIONAL NAUTICAL MARKET DATA:
- Recreational registrations in the Balearic Islands.
In said period, a total of 1,129 recreational boats have been registered in the Balearic Islands, which represents an increase of 14.38% compared to the same period of 2020 (987 boats) and an increase of 1.07% compared to the year 2019 (1,117 boats).
What influences us that the Balearic nautical sector is recovering satisfactorily from the health crisis caused by Covid-19 and growth is expected to continue next year.
- Market share by autonomous communities.
The Balearic Islands is the third autonomous community by market share with 16.81% of registered registrations, Andalusia being the one with the largest market share (19.46%) and followed by Catalonia with 18.54%.
Regarding the charter market, the Balearic Islands lead the rental market with 24.6% of the share, followed by Catalonia (20.4%), the Valencian Community (18.4%) and Andalusia (16.2 %).
- Registrations by length.
- Lengths up to 8 meters in length: they represent 86.8% of the nautical market and register a growth of their registrations of 10.1%.
- Lengths between 8 and 12 meters in length: it represents 9.1% of the nautical market and grew by 26%.
- Lengths between 12 and 16 meters: with 3.1% of the nautical market, their enrollment grew by 16.6%.
- Lengths of more than 16 meters: they only represent 1% of the nautical market and have registered a growth of 10% compared to the same period of 2019.
- Registrations by type of vessels.
In relation to the 2019 data:
- Motor boats: they represent 43.8% of the market and register 17% more boats.
- Jet skis: they reach 27% of the market and continue to grow in relation to the same period of 2019 (10.4%).
- Sailboats: with 7.9% of the nautical market, they continue to grow above average (38.6%).
- Semi-rigid and folding pneumatics: growth of 0.7%, in the case of folding ones, and 1.3% for semi-rigid pneumatics.
- “The nautical sector faces 2022 with a good position, with the capacity as an economic engine that promotes leisure consumption and generates employment, with a qualitative nautical tourism offer that is among those that have experienced the greatest demand in the national market during the pandemic ”, indicates Carlos Sanlorenzo, secretary general of ANEN.